WRITTEN PUBLIC COMMENT GUIDELINES
Pursuant to Section 15.2-5384.1(C)(2) of the Code of Virginia, the Southwest Virginia Health Authority (the “Authority”) is receiving written public comment submissions regarding the “Commonwealth of Virginia Application for a Letter Authorizing Cooperative Agreement” application from Wellmont Health System and Mountain States Health Alliance (the “Applicants”).
WRITTEN PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 TO SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
A public comment is any written, legible communication sent to the Authority regarding the proposed “Commonwealth of Virginia Application for a Letter Authorizing Cooperative Agreement” application, now under review by the Authority.
Written Public Comment Guidelines:
The Authority will accept written public comments and will promptly make any such comments available to the Applicants as required by the Code of Virginia. The written comments should meet the following guidelines:
- Content – submissions should focus on the Application.
- Suitable Language – submissions must be written in language that is appropriate for publication. Using language that is profane, or which is defamatory or abusive to one or more individuals or organizations, is not considered suitable.
- Quoting Third Parties – facts or quotes attributed to third parties must be publicly known or easily verified.
- Petitions – submissions that are received in the form of a petition must show that all signatories have consented to have their personal information disclosed.
- Personal Information – the Authority and Code of Virginia requires that people or organizations who submit a written comment to provide their full name and mailing address because the Authority must send written notification of the public hearing to people or organizations who submit written comment.
How to Submit Written Public Comment?
The Authority will accept public comment through two methods:
- By first class United States mail at:
Southwest Virginia Health Authority
851 French Moore Jr. Boulevard, Suite 178
Abingdon, Virginia 24210
If the written public comment is mailed it must be postmarked by September 30, 2016.
2. By email at: Comments@SWVAhealthauthority.net. If the written public comment is emailed it must be received by September 30, 2016 at 11:59 pm.
What Happens to My Public Comment?
Written public comment becomes part of the official record of the review of the Application and part of the deliberation of the Authority.
Revised: September 1, 2016